Globally corporations are becoming aware of how their operations have an impact on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) parameters and are making their commitment towards ESG and sustainability apparent through sustainability reporting. Many global reporting frameworks exist and have been adopted by companies for measuring, monitoring, and disclosing their performance on ESG indicators.
The Business Responsibility and Sustainability Report (BRSR) introduced by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), is India’s latest reporting format for disclosures on ESG standards, which became mandatory for the top 1,000 listed entities (by market capitalisation) w.e.f. FY2022–23. Among other things, the idea is to have a standard framework in place, that can also bring about comparability.
Thought Arbitrage is supporting companies across diverse industries to prepared their BRSR in accordance with the requirements of SEBI including assisting them in:
1. Defining ESG governance structure
2. Identifying training needs
3. Identifying key sources of data collection
4. Streamlining data collection processes for the report
5. Identifying gaps in the data reporting, collection and availability
6. Benchmarking based on industry, size, etc.
7. Proactively keeping up to date with the emerging changes in the BRSR formats and other SEBI requirements
ESG reporting is ever-evolving and with authorities gradually expanding reporting requirements, and now assurance, to more companies each year, it is imperative for corporates to be prepared as and when they become eligible to report. Though Arbitrage’s experience in the ESG, sustainability reporting and CSR domains ensures that corporations are prepared for meeting these requirements, thereby improving their practices and culture to reflect global standards.
Whatever you do will be insignificant but it is very important that you do it